Happy Wednesday, everyone!!
Last week I held another contest here on the blog, How a Scene Can Turn on a Word – Comedy or Tragedy?, however I do not have any winners to announce. The good thing is that I still have the prizes in my goodie bin, so I can give them away anytime I wish *smile* and next time I promise to make it a little easier for everyone to enter into the contest.
But before then I will be taking a scheduled blogging break for the month of April. I’m beginning my second Margie Lawson course this month (believe me, last month’s class was FUN!), and it’s just time to take a break so I can concentrate more on my writing. Since last week’s events, my Muse has suddenly awakened and keeps poking me in the cheek every few hours. When I’m at work that’s a problem, but when I’m home I can not neglect him. No. Matter. What.
I’ll still be around on Twitter and visiting my favorite blogs throughout the month as I find the time. Then I’ll be back in May with a fresh outlook and a bunch of fun, fresh ideas!
But before I sign off for the month, I’d like to pay-it-forward! I received two blogging tags over the past few weeks – both by the wonderful Tina Moss: The Lucky 7 MeMe & The Kreativ Blogger Award!
If you’re tagged the rule was to answer 7 or 11 questions about yourself. *deep breath* Here we go!
1. What setting best describes you? An extremely quiet beach in the Caribbean somewhere. It’d be nice if I could find one on either Trinidad or Tobago, but I’d take whatever I can get. Nothing beats the quiet calm sounds of the waves.
2. What was your favorite childhood book? I don’t exactly remember the titles, but there were many in a series that I remember enjoying very much: The Berenstain Bears.
3. Besides reading and writing what are at least two of your favorite pastimes? Watching movies, listening to good music and hanging out with my friends.
4. What is the coolest/strangest thing you’ve ever done? Umm….. I live a fairly quiet existence so it’s nothing *that* cool, but I’d have to say so far it’s been the few WWE events I’ve been to and the Paramore concert my hubby and I attended a little over a year ago. Yea, those were some pretty awesomely cool times.
5. If any character from any book could be your best friend, who would it be? Oh God that’s difficult!! But my mind actually honed in on one for me: Rhage from the Black Dagger Brotherhood. I think I’d seriously enjoy busting his balls – and I’m sure I’d get the same back. That could definitely be fun!
6. If you could be invisible for one day, what would you do? Oh no. Yea, not telling on that one. *locks lips tight* *hubs walks in and steals the key* Dang it!!!
7. What famous person (dead or alive) do you consider a role model for your own aspirations? Oh, this is a fun one. I’d have to say J.R. Ward, Deborah Harkness, and Thea Harrison <—All 3 are amazing authors in the genre or paranormal romance and they inspire me and my writing to be the best it can possibly be. Right next to them would be John Lennon because he was a true artist in every form and wasn’t afraid of what he put out there for the world. 8. Which Greek or Roman (or other culture’s mythological) deity would you be (either who you’d like to be or who you most resemble)? Apollo – wow, that was easy. And the reason I selected that is because he’s recognized as the god of sun, truth, prophecy, healing, plague, music and poetry (just to name a few). I mainly coincide with truth (I try to be as honest as I can with my feelings at ALL times), healing (cause I enjoy being there for others during their times of need), plague (cause I can really raise hell when I get ticked – haha!), music (cause I’d be NOTHING without it), and poetry (cause to me writing and the process that goes along with it is pure poetry for my mind). *smiles*
9. Would you marry a Vulcan? Only if the Vulcan in question was Zachary Quinto. LOL!
10. Do you believe in any conspiracy theories? Yes and no. I do enjoy watching the shows and researching a few from time to time, especially if it’s for a WIP, but other than that, I don’t really put much stock into them. Wait a sec….I do believe there is an Area 51, so I guess other than that one, not really.
11. If you were to reincarnate, what would you be like to be? I don’t care if I came back as a dog – as long as I come back and live a full happy and healthy existence, it doesn’t really matter.
Now here’s some of my favorite bloggers I’d like to pass this award onto. Take your prize and share some interesting facts about yourself – 7 or 11, it doesn’t matter. :0)
ONE DOWN, ONE TO GO!
1. Go to page 77 of your WIP
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy the first 7 sentences, paragraphs or lines exactly as they are written, no cheating.
4. Tag 7 authors and let them know.
This excerpt is from DESTINY AWAKENED (I’m in the middle of deep editing this WIP and just by typing it here is making my inner editor go INSANE…but I promised I wouldn’t cheat!):
“Father.” He started walking onto the sandy, white beach.
“Son.” Eldron’s voice was husky, carrying with it a sliver of anger. “The Council has uncovered evidence of her existence.”
Ambrose froze. “I thought all evidence was destroyed nearly thirty years ago.”
“They raised Isabel’s remains from the grave. My informant tells me an ancient spell, one performed by several of their witches, drew out her final memory. It revealed a new born swaddled in her arms as she drew her last breath.”
And here are the newest players of the Lucky 7 MeMe:
If you’ve already been tagged then I apologize. If not then I can’t wait to read your Lucky 7!
So I guess that’s it!
See everyone next month! :0)
Happy Reading and Writing!