Oh my frickin’ God! Has it really been over a year since I blogged?!?
My guess is you’re wondering 1) Where the hell has Mel been, and 2) WTF is happening?
Believe it or not, I have LEGITIMATE answers for both 😉
1) I’ve been soul-searching and spending time with like-minded writers (at the RT Conference, for example), and busy, busy, busy with both my personal and day job lives.
2) I’ve FINALLY found my TRUE artistic self…among other things.
By soul-searching, I’ve been able to explore without expectation. This has allowed me to abandon any and all expectations m, which includes social media. And abandoning all things social media for the last year has allowed me the freedom to observe from the sidelines. When I say observing, here a few of my favorite moments:
- Witnessing Sylvia Day as she drank a cocktail at the hotel bar at RT 2015 (and may I say she looked damn fine?).
- SITTING NEXT TO CHRISTOPHER RICE in the bar area of RT 2015 (Such a nice man, BTW).
- Seeing Kami Gargia as she conversed with Mr. Rice, who was sitting right next to me (did I mention this already?).
- Meeting authors Charlaine Harris & Marie Lu during the big book fair day
- Remaining in my room and refusing to go down to the bar or lobby even though we had a *confirmed* sighting of the famous author known as E.L. James (I won’t go deep into my reasons of why, but I will just leave this link to a post from Jami Gold to give you an idea).
- Hanging with these pretty ladies (my crit partners) at the RT Booklover’s Convention in Dallas, Texas. 🙂
Detailing the findings of my TRUE artistic self will end up being detailed later in this blog, so I’m not going to go into too much detail right now, but what I can share are a few personal things that have been going on for me.
- That new position with my company that I got in May 2014? I still enjoy it very much…I just don’t have time to breath, much less pee, on most days. S’okay, though, the good days outweigh the bad, and that’s all that matters, right?
- My husband and I decided, after 2 years of trying to conceive a child with no luck, to start seeing a fertility specialist in March 2015. So far, so good with nothing truly wrong with any of our baby-making parts *whew* so we’re just taking it a month at a time and leaning on the specialist to get us through what’s turned out to be an emotionally difficult process.
So yeah, not blogging over the last year has allowed me enough time to rest and catch my breath and figure quite a few things out. And thank goodness because I’m baaaaack and feeling mighty refreshed and ready to
rumble mingle again. 🙂
Stay tuned, as I’ll be posting writerly things on Mondays and randomness on Thursdays.